Friday, December 20, 2013

This holiday season....

has been kicking me in the booty, seriously. Football games, card games with football players after the football games. I don't have boys, but I know now how stinky they can be even when they change clothes after a football game. Jon and I thought it was pretty cool that this year after each game Shelby's best friends (girls and boys), would go to In and Out and then head over to our house to play golf (the card game).
We thought it was pretty nice that Seniors in High School liked our home as the hang out. Bring out the Rootbeer, Orange Soda and snacks and they were good to go.
With Ellie's birthday, Homecoming, more house decorations going up, family festivities and everything in between I have been quiet here on the blog but very busy playing with kits, paper and glue. I'm not sure what to post first!

I guess I could start with Christmas since we are less than one week away. I'll start with some home decor and a little project Jon and I worked on together. I love that I can tell him my vision and together we can make it reality. So grateful for that and I won't lie, I tease him and tell him one of the reasons I married him is because he is SO handy.


Here is a little behind the scenes action. This is where we started.


I really need to work on my hand lettering, Jon has always been able to rock his lettering. If you ask him to write on a sheet of paper like a normal person not so much. BUT when it comes to big lettering he is awesome. 


Having a wet rag, some Q-Tips and water came in handy. 


After Jon was done with the lettering I moved onto creating the wreath and leaves around it. Doing this on a large scale, I made some mistakes and I believe what they say "you will get better each time you do something like this."


This is how it looked in the end. This being out first big chalkboard sign, we were happy with how it turned out. Here are some other holiday decorations from around the house.





My mother and father in law gave me these massive pine cones from Sugar Pine trees in Lake Tahoe. They saved them up and gave them to me when they were here over the Thanksgiving holiday. To say I was ecstatic would be an understatement. It doesn't take much to make this girl happy! I had BIG plans to make these into decorations.


The only thing was we were worried about the back of the pine cones swinging around when we opened the cabinets and on top of that the back side of them scratching the doors. I thought felt might work but that was a disappointment so Jon came up with a better plan that included command hooks and the hot glue gun.


In the end we figured it out and the kitchen looks just as festive as the rest of the house. Thanks mom and pop for the amazing, massive pine cones! 

I'll end with a recent layout I created for Teresa Collins using her Santa's List Collection and then new toy I have been wanting for over a year now, the Silhouette Cameo. 



Wishing you the best Christmas holiday surrounded by family and friends!
loves
d.


1 comment:

  1. As always, marvelous! Merry Christmas to you as well :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete