Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fresh New Year

We are already moving into the second week of the new year and I'm feeling accomplished with the three layouts I have managed to get done right before leaving for CHA, using the Scrapbook.com January Kit Club.
After I packed away all of the Christmas decorations, lights and everything in between I got a little gloomy but this kit includes the bright, fresh new colors that I look for every new year.

It has a little hint of Winter but when using it I thought about babies and how my girls are no longer that, but this would also be perfect for those baby memories. Makes me want to run over to a couple of my best girlfriends houses and steal their babies. Give'em a kiss on the cheek!

Zipper flowers, Heidi Swapp glitter words, wood veneer phrase from Fancy Pants, let's be real you had me at Heidi Swapp!
There is also a confession I have. For anyone who has been reading here for awhile (probably not that many, lol) or listened to Noell and I on Paperclipping live, I have never owned a die cutting machine. Swore those suckers off awhile ago, right before Christmas I could no longer fend off the burning desire to own a Silhouette Cameo. I was just making sure that everyone really loved theirs before I invested in one (at least that's what I kept telling myself in order not to purchase it)!

As I was using it on the layouts below, I was kicking myself for waiting so long but thankful I was loving it and finding that I couldn't live without it now. It's one of those thoughts you have, once you have a die cutting machine like this you can't go back!




Thanks for stopping by!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts! Love all the cutout elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cool! I have a Cricut Expression, an e-craft machine, and recently (but surgery has been in the way of me playing with that) a Brothers Scan November Cut. I REALLY wish I had the Cameo!

    ReplyDelete