Thursday, April 24, 2014

officially....

less than a month from Graduation. I feel like reality is hitting me like a Mac truck. Going through all of her College acceptance letters, FASFA, tests, talking about where she wants to start her college career, her dreams, her being excited, yet not really ready to leave her childhood behind. Me, well I have been thinking how she has the whole world in the palm of her hands, a clean slate to become anything she wants to be. Excited as well for her but scared as a mom. She has college acceptance letters from Oregon to California to Colorado and more. The good thing is all her the colleges are in state universities or the others are all on the west coast.

Then comes the thought of missing her, her voice, her smile, her room that looks like a tornado went through it and all of the little things in between. I tell you when Summer is over our house will be completely different without her presence. I know there are also positives that will help me through not seeing her everyday, but in the end she is my baby and I will still miss her. So, in that vain I came across a quote that I love. A quote that is valid for every member of our family. "Your voice is my favorite sound"
I recently gave the chalkboard niche a makeover I think it turned out ok. Still love the old book page wreath and being able to display the minibooks I have created over the years.



I always love putting the Scrapbook.com kits together. It's one of the highlights of my job and April's kit - April Showers is jammed packed with goodness. You can check it out here. There is also a challenge gallery, where you can upload your layouts/projects, then you are entered to win one of two 30 dollar prize packs. Here is what I put together using the kit and my trusty Silhouette Cameo.


This was a recent date night for Jon and I at an old flour mill in downtown Tempe. The old building and silos were an amazing place to see our friends band play.


Shelby being asked to her Senior Prom with a message in a bottle from her great guy! I love that he thought about her love of the ocean and beach and tied that into his plan. He really is such a good guy.



Another Heidi Swapp shadowbox frame. For this one I wrote the months of all of our birthdays and then put a black and white photo on top with some monochromatic embellishments. I didn't want to take the focus away from the family photo.



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Dedra- I have been following you for a long time and always mean to comment and say what lovely daughters you have! Also, must add that I love love that niche! We are always dream home planning and I think I want to incorporate something like that! :)

Dedra Long said...

Thanks Ashley, you're SO sweet! I do have to say having that niche is fun. Decorating it for a holiday, event or birthday makes a family member feel special too. I think you would have a blast coming up with your vignette. Good luck and thank you for following! <3